Waterfront Gourmet Will Help You Add Healthy Food to Your Diet
What do you do when you’re having a busy day in Philly, and you need to order some food, but you are concerned about making a healthy choice? Call Waterfront Gourmet Cafe & Deli! It can be a struggle to make the best food choices possible when life gets busy and you don’t have time to cook at home. But if you are anywhere in the 19104 or 19106 areas, you can be confident that you can get a delicious, healthy meal from Waterfront Gourmet, either at one of our locations, or delivered right to you!
The Rise of ‘Functional Foods’
According to Google, more people today are searching for ways to add ‘functional foods’ to their diets. It seems everyone is realizing that it is easier (and more fun) to add the ‘right food’ into your diet than it is to eliminate the wrong things. Let’s face it, the latest trends in ‘elimination style’ diets are always changing, and it can be very confusing to decide which foods you should be eliminating! At Waterfront Gourmet Cafe & Deli, we use the freshest foods and offer an extensive selection of healthy food options. We are always ready to deliver from our standard and catering menus.
5 Ways To Add More Function to Your Deli & Cafe Food
There are so many nutrient rich foods available to help you keep a balanced, healthy diet! When you are in Philly and want a delicious, nutritious meal, look no further than Waterfront Gourmet Deli & Cafe! Start off by choosing one of our many healthy sandwiches or salads. Then give it a boost by doing one of the following:
- Get some of the amazing benefits of turmeric by sprinkling it on your salad or sandwich. The flavor of turmeric pairs especially well with our Arugula Apple Salad.
- Make a quick salad dressing using raw apple cider and raw honey to top one of our salads like our Spinach Salad.
- Sprinkle some flax or chia seeds onto any salad or sandwich that you get from Waterfront Gourmet, and get an Omega-3 boost.
- Eat Kefir as a side dish to one of our sandwiches. Fermented foods like kefir can aid in digestion and improve gut health.
- Ask us to add (or substitute) Avocado to any of our salads or sandwiches. Avocado is extremely nutrient dense and a great source of fiber and potassium.
Waterfront Gourmet’s delivery and catering menus are full of high protein and fiber foods, vegan and vegetarian meals, and gluten or dairy free options.We always try to accommodate requests, so if you see something on our menu that sounds great, but you’d like to add or substitute something to add more nutrients like avocado, hummus, or beans, just let us know!
With locations in University City and Penn’s Landing, we can get our ready-to-deliver foods to you in a snap, anywhere in Philly! Whether you need a meal for one person or a group, Waterfront Gourmet Deli & Cafe has you covered! You will always be able to find something in our delivery menu that you will feel good about eating! Contact us by phone, online or stop in today!